**********************************************
**********************************************
Our Family's Journey Through Autism And The Untold Beauty Of It. Megan is an amazing child with autism through her we have learned the beauty of autism.
**********************************************
**********************************************

Sunday, March 11, 2007

In The Beginning

In order to tell you Megan's Story I will have to take you back to the beginning. Megan has an older sister Stephanie, she is 19 months older then Megan. Stephanie was a hyperactive child she was diagnosed with ADHD at 2 years old, she was about as wild as come always on the go and loud, did I mention LOUD. Stephanie was mildly put, wild, I am still not sure how I survived her early years.LOL! Stephanie was a colicky baby, cried a lot and there was little I could do to comfort her, not to mention she never slept, she would sleep for an hour and then be awake for an hour, and by the time Megan was born she still hadn't slept through the night. So needless to say I was a little nervous to be having another baby.








Megan's First Real Cry, My Favorite Picture


Megan was born on September 27th at 7:45 AM, she was 7lbs even and 18 inches long, she was wide eyed and taking in the world. She was totally healthy and gorgeous! The first thing I noticed about her was how content she was, she was the best, never really cried until she was 2 weeks old, just content to be. As time went on Megan progressed normally, she rolled over, crawled and walked right on schedule, and she was just so opposite her sister, where Stephanie was loud Megan was quiet, Stephanie was demanding Megan had a wealth of patience. Please understand I loved Stephanie just as much as Megan, I'm just drawing a picture for you understand, Stephanie also had many great qualities as a baby. In contrast to Stephanie's behavior Megan seemed like my reward. What it really was, was the proverbial calm before the storm!

Stay tuned for the next chapter in The Beauty Of Autism......... it's a beautiful journey.



Megan's First Home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home